The French version of this text is available here Le Classement.
A rating based on 5 stars
We publish our selection of e-books and online courses (Moocs) by applying these 3 criteria.
- Relevance (for our readers) ☆☆☆☆☆
- Applicability (in your life & garden) ☆☆☆☆☆
- Pedagogical impact (style and ease of learning) ☆☆☆☆☆
In addition, we attribute a global note which is based on our experience and our knowledge of the permaculture milieu in Switzerland, France and the anglo-saxon world.
Key question: Are the ideas and the concept useful for you, our readers?
If the training doesn’t seduce us, it will most likely not seduce you either. We are a group of urban professionals and gardeners (even if some of us maintain bigger gardens in the country).
Key question: Are the ideas and the theory transformable into practice?
- Theory, tools, methods are immediately useful.
- Case Studies: practical demos are available, for example demo gardens, demo vegetation.
- Are there additional resources for those who wish to delve deeper into the topic? Such as reference books, research papers, specialist websites, address lists, experts.
3. Pedagogical impact
Key question: Is the knowledge transmitted in an agreeable and efficient manner? We expect pedagogical material to be well structured, with clear and succinct explanations. Main idea: the student reaches the published pedagogical objective.
- The online platform allows for easy navigation.
- Multimedia elements are of good quality (for example the sound in video and audio).
- Presenters and experts are competent, authentic and have practical experience. They possess sufficient presentation skills to make learning agreeable.
- The course material is built according to pedagogical best practice. Students have the opportunity to regularly validate small blocs of knowledge. For example through mini-exams which may come in different forms, such as responding to questions or completing a quiz module.
- Lessons may be revisited as many times as the student wishes.
- Additional course material is clearly listed and easily available for the motivated student.